15.7.08

Strawberry Fields

Photo from Flickr

I had a delightful weekend...and I too, got sunburned. Gosh Hanna, when will we learn?! I have a nice v-shaped burn on my back and some (more) pink on my chest. I now have a mini bottle of sunscreen that I'm keeping in my purse.

My friend, Megan & I went strawberry picking at Dan's Farm , which about 25 mins from Victoria. Whew- that was a good workout for the legs! I picked a flat of berries, which took about an hour and was only $35! Then we drove around to other farms in the area (there are tons! See Island Farms Fresh if you're coming over to Vancouver Island). I also picked up some plants that will (hopefully) survive in my dungeon of a basement suite, some Wildflower Babes Honey, and a lavender bunch for my bathroom. Mmmmm. Then another friend, Heather & I, washed, sliced and froze the strawberries on waxed paper trays Sunday night.

With my strawberries I'm now making shakes every morning. I decided that drinking two (large) cups of coffee pre-food every morning wasn't doing much for my metabolism. So for the past 2 mornings I've made Joel (hubby) and I shakes using:
* 2c. strawberries
* 1 frozen banana
* 2c. natural yogurt
* 1c. tofu
* 1t. honey

I put it in my coffee mug and drink it when I get to work (45 minute commute) and it's still cold and delicious!

I can't wait for raspberries and blueberries to start in the next couple of weeks!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home