14.7.08

Hooray for sunburns!

So I spent yesterday at a local organic farm and greenhouse. The Painted Turtle, our local art gallery/shop organized an event. Pretty much artists were to come out, do some art, sell some work, and in the end donate the piece we finished to a silent auction to support the art's community in Creston. Only about 6 of us showed up, but we had a good time and I got an excellent sunburn on my leg. Just one leg. And just one part of the leg, but man it hurts.

So I set up my table:


Started off in the shade but the sun chased after me. Eventually a couple of the ladies dragged me (happily) over to their tent where I had some shade and company. We got more people through than I had feared (no one came for the first hour or so) and in the end I sold two magnetic paper dolls, a mini print and two bird toys. Toys shaped like birds. Not toys for birds. I had to clarify that. More on the birds later.

I donated and owl toy and an owl print to the auction, but here's what I was working on out there:



My paints are in storage for the summer and oils take too long anyway, so I went for embroidery. I sketched it out and then stitched freehand while looking at the sketch. I'm pretty pleased with it as it's my first real embroidery project. Now I just need to learn some stitches...

Any suggestions as to what I should do with it?

Oh, aaand I sold my first Etsy item yesterday, hooray!

1 comments:

congrats on selling your first etsy item!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home