26.5.08

Hola!


So I was planning on taking pictures of my projects. But my camera was stolen while travelling in South America this past March- with both of my memory cards. And no, it wasn't a llama who stole it. But I can't even use my husbands camera since there's no memory card. Lame-O. So I'll just write instead and hope to buy a new camera off this pay cheque.

And instead of pictures, I'll give words....

Well to start, my pay cheques come from a small environment consulting firm in Victoria, BC. It's my summer coop job, I'm a 3rd year Geography student. After graduating I want get into sustainable community development (or at least that's the plan this week)! I spent last Thursday to Saturday volunteering at the Gaining Ground Summit, here in Victoria. It's a conference all about sustainable urban design - just people trying to make the world a greener place. Love it.

Besides school/work I also love to craft. Making jewelry, sewing, knitting, crotcheting... I've been sewing an apron, it's a slow work in progress. It's almost done, I just need to sew on the sash, ruffle and put darts in the top. It's kinda 50's housewife meets dorky, crafty, giggly Jen. Pictures to come with camera and/or memory card.

I also love this Green Living revolution. Green life makes lovely people happy and healthy. My Green Living goal this summer is to support local farms by going to U-Picks and Farmers Markets. It's all about the 100 Mile Diet - the authors lived in Vancouver, BC, so there is no reason I can't do my darndest! I'm helping organize the first Green Living Expo, in Colwood (just outside of Vic). It's this Saturday *ahhhh* and so much to do still! I'm stoked, the event is going to be fabulous.

Heart, Jen.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home