5.8.08

Happy BC Day!



Yippie for living in beautiful Victoria BC. I don't know what the celebrations were like elsewhere in the province, but here they were fantabulous!

I had a great weekend, I just like to share:

Friday - went on a date with husband dearest. Kinda weird...we don't really go on dates, because well, they cost money and staying home playing Wii is free. But dates are fun :)

Saturday - raspberry picking, farmers markets, bake-extravaganza with a rad friend (we made chocolate chip zucchini bread, bran muffins, rhubarb crisp, and granola...and froze raspberries and blueberries - happy freezer!)

Sunday - lounge day around the house. I followed the Change Purse Tutorial that Hanna posted here. Pictures to come tomorrow.

Monday - Woot Woot! BC Day! Our wonderful tax payer dollars set me up for a free day of fun down at the legislature buildings! Sarah McLachlan and Feist played! I loved Feist before and now I looovee her more. She had this delightful shadow art going on in the background. I couldn't take my eyes off it! Check it out on youtube.

Anywhoo...what did you all get up to??

Oh - and a new random fact for you folk: the first proposed BC flag had the Union Jack and sun flipped (sun on top). That idea was sent to the British, but they were unimpressed because it could be interpreted as the sun setting on the British Empire. I heard about it in the legislature and it's discussed here.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home