23.7.08

Adventure to Discovery Island

Yaarrr! I think I should wear an eye patch when landing on Discovery Island- if I were a pirate I'd hide my loot there. (Psst, random fact: did you know pirates wear an eye patch so they can go inside without needing time for their eye to adjust to the dark- they just switch the patch to the other eye! True Fact - Mythbusters said so!)

Anywhoo. Discovery Island. It was swell. I brought out all my readings and notebook for this course I'm taking...and forgot a pen. And no one else had one. I'm taking an intensive course on Community Research Methods. It's 13 weeks of material crammed into one loooong week. Me? Stressed...just a little.... I spent 12 hours at the school yesterday. Ugh.

Back to Discovery. I love it there. We go every year with a rad friend who has a tinnnny tin boat. It takes a couple of trips to get us all there.

Joel was having fun playing with his new lens I bought him for a late birthday present. (I spilt water on my new camera at Sam's wedding, the optical lens is shot.)

I really feel like I'm having a string of bad luck. Bad luck comes in 3's right? 1. Jewelry tools confiscated 2. Broke camera 3. Stressed? Does that count? Am I waiting for one more?

See this is what happens when I don't post for a week. I have too many random thoughts when I do post.

Pictures - Enjoy!





2 comments:

nice pictures. what type of lens did you grt joel

It's a Tamron 70-300mm and a macro 180-300. The lady in the Lens & Shutter said it was a good deal, so I went with it. Joel apparently like it :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home