2.6.08

Crochet Necklace

I wear my crocheted necklace more than any other necklace. It's lightweight, simple yet interesting and matches my outfit almost every day.

Now I shall share my secret...

You will need:
* 4 or 5 different kinds of seed beads (size 6 is my favourite for this project, mix up rounds with cubes or triangles)
* 6 4mm bicone Swarovski crystals
* 6 yards bonded nylon cord
* 4.5mm crochet hook
* #12 flexible eye needle

Time: 2 hours-ish. It all depends on your stringing patience and crochet abilities.

: Step 1 :
Take pretty beads and mix together!




: Step 2 :
Start Stringing. I use a flexible eye needle to string the beads with.
I strung about 1/2 a meter of beads (1.5 feet)




: Step 3 :
Do a chain stitch and slide a bead up every time.



: Step 4 :
Once your necklace is long enough (mine wraps around my neck 3 times), take the ends and attach beadtips. Don't just tie knots--this is much prettier and it's easy!

How to use beadtips: string the beadtip (as shown), tie a knot into the 'cup' making sure it's right up tight! Tie a second knot, trim ends and close the cup. Presto!



: Step 4 : Add clasp



TaDa!

4 comments:

Oooh very pretty!

I love shiny jewellery :)

Please show me more!

I'm officially inspired! I'm an online friend of your mom's and I am glad she linked to you guys. I like to craft and make things when I am avoiding writing my novel:).

I think I will try to make one of these necklaces.

Thanks!

Saranissa, there will be much more to come. Plus monthly give aways! :-D

Fiorinda, let me know how it goes! It's a little tricky at the begining, but once you have the hang of it the projects super easy. Let me know if you have any questions.

Is that myyyy necklace?

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home